CatchLight is looking for a dynamic and talented Intern to support our work by researching and creating content for our social media platforms
Title: Social Media Intern, 3-month position (with the possibility of extending)
Hours: 10-12 hours/week in our Berkeley office, with the potential for some hours off-site
Timing: We are looking to hire immediately and extend the program into the Fall
CatchLight exists to accelerate the social impact of visual storytelling. We identify the best of a new breed of storytellers, and "incubate them" by surrounding them with resources, networks, and leadership support to amplify the reach of their stories. We believe it’s never been more important to bind our communities with the connective tissue of storytelling, and storytelling today is largely visual. As a young organization with lots of big ideas, we are looking to grow our audience and brand through an active and engaging social media strategy.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for photography and some experience in the editorial, design or production world. Graduates of photography or photojournalism programs encouraged to apply, but we welcome candidates with a breadth of experience and interests. We’re looking for someone who can provide support to our growing team as we launch new initiatives and projects.
Candidates will be working one-on-one with our Communications Lead on marketing/social strategies, editorial development, and social media management, project-based research, on back-end development for the site via Squarespace, and miscellaneous as-needed according to our roll-out cal.
- Work alongside CatchLight's Communications Lead to execute community management as we look to grow our audience and brand
- Research, write copy and choose art for social media posts (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram)
- Live share on social media from CatchLight's public exhibitions and events
- Help build out editorial content calendar
- Research and develop new ways to use social to generate brand awareness and increase financial support for global projects
- Support maintenance of content on CatchLight website and blog
- Assist the Everyday Bay Area Program Manager in organizing and categorizing the EDBA Instagram feed
- Demonstrated editorial or publishing experience.
- Exceptional writing skills with experience producing blogs, articles, newsletters, etc.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how to create brand awareness.
- Ability to work independently, as well as one-on-one
Key Criteria For Evaluation: In addition to meeting job-specific goals, we are looking for excellence in the following areas. Your evaluation will be based on the following:
- Creativity - you are a net positive force of creative capital. Your engagement not only enhances the organizational performance, it enhances the creative capacities of the entire team. You bring ideas to the team.
- Character- you operate at the highest executive function in your personal organization, your communications style, and your integrity. You bring follow through, resourcefulness, and coordination to the team.
- Culture- you add positively to the social focus, the energy and the engagement of those around you. You bring warmth, excitement, respect, and fun to the team.
How to apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resumé and a short letter describing your interest in CatchLight, why you think your experience and interests would be a good fit and a couple of things you’re hoping to gain from this internship. Please include availability and anything else you think is relevant that sets you apart from the pack, along with any links that provide more insight into your interests, passions, experience.
Please use the subject line: 2018 CatchLight Social Media Intern in your email.