Development & Operations Coordinator
CatchLight accelerates the social impact of visual storytelling. We believe that art is vital, transformative, and the highest form of hope. We support artists and create programs that accelerate the social impact of visual storytelling to improve the world by informing how we see and understand each other. We are a San Francisco Bay Area-based non-profit.
Our ideal applicant has excellent skills in fundraising and operations support, is highly organized and resourceful, and brings creativity, character and culture to further energize a small and very effective team. We seek a strong combination of professionalism, efficiency and a clear passion to achieve social impact in their work; this is an essential role in developing and supporting the reach and impact of our organization and our mission.
The Development & Operations Coordinator will report to both the Executive Director and Director of Philanthropy, spending 75% of their time on fundraising support activities and 25% of their time on general operational support. We are seeking to fill the position immediately.
Support the Director of Philanthropy with essential development tasks, including daily fundraising activities:
- General Stewardship-Manage all gift processing, donor database functions, acknowledgment letters, and communications with accounting. Conduct prospect research of major donors and prepare profile reports. Make recommendations. Populate annual grant calendar. Enter all notes about donor conversations, information, and activities in donor database. Prepare development tracking reports on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate fundraising appeals with support from Director of Philanthropy and Communications Manager. Draft letters and electronic appeal content, segmenting and clean up mailing lists, prepare in-house mailings, and follow up with donors via email and phone.
- Provide flexible, responsive support to all aspects of fundraising events in collaboration with larger event teams.
Support the Executive Director in all tasks required to run an efficient and effective flow of activities in the office, including:
- Workspace and IT needs, organizational calendaring, administrative record keeping, and maintaining standardized systems for organizational efficiency and accountability
- Track and provide monthly reports of key organizational metrics; be comfortable with dashboards and presentation tools.
- Support calendaring, appointments, and general administrative needs related to executive and board leadership. Prepare board reports.
- Propose tools and changes to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
The position requires a special blend of warmth and efficiency; creativity and accuracy; excellent interpersonal skills; and diligence. We are looking for someone who is:
- Idealistic: We are a highly-focused, mission-driven team; interest in the arts and making the world a better place is vital to your engagement with our small but mighty team.
- Team-oriented: Integrity, flexibility and a sense of humor is key. You must be both collaborative and a self-starter with the ability to interact and work effectively with staff, Board members, donors, the community, and funders.
- Responsible: You should be resourceful, reliable, adept at organizing around goals and managing priorities, eager for professional growth with the ability to work with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks, and manage demanding situations effectively while showing initiative and being anticipatory rather than reactive.
The position requires specific technical expertise:
- Administrative Systems: Strong attention to detail and follow through; adept at multitasking and prioritizing projects.
- Data Management: Skillful and accurate handling of data entry to support donor stewardship, digital communications, and prospect research.
- Communications: Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication; highly collaborative and engaging; effective and clear. Experience writing fundraising copy and working in digital communications a plus.
- Software: Proficiency working on a Mac, using Keynote, using Google drive and docs, and using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Basic graphic design software (Photoshop and InDesign); familiarity with Lightroom, Squarespace, and MailChimp highly desirable!
CatchLight is an equal opportunity employer that embraces an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
Compensation: This is a full-time, non-exempt salaried position salary plus generous benefits Location: Based at our office in Berkeley, CA with opportunities to work remotely on occasion. Salary: $42,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume with the subject line “Development & Operations Coordinator" to email@example.com. Priority consideration is given to applications received by July 1, 2018. OR apply through Indeed.