IMPACT AND DISTRIBUTION PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Manage events and opportunities that amplify the work of CatchLight Fellows and Everyday Bay Area programs, and build exposure to new audiences.
You will lead delivery of exhibitions, live engagements and community-building events that support our donor/community experience, and all communications associated with these, with the following objectives:
- Amplify our stories to ensure that the images, the storytellers and the issues get as much visibility as possible.
- Develop dynamic partnerships that leverage our capabilities, always with an eye towards sustainability and funding.
- Produce work that has the potential to make CatchLight relevant to new audiences.
This project is successful if it furthers the above goals in significant, measurable and replicable ways.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:
- Evaluate and develop exhibition and engagement ideas (existing and new). Represent and manage relationships with potential partners, and identify opportunities to enhance opportunities with existing media partners.
- Cultivate capacities within the organization to source and assess exhibition/distribution projects that align with our goals. This will include clarifying what we want to “CatchLight Experience” to be: e.g. the DNA of our culture that comes to life in our exhibitions and programming; how we brand that experience with photographers, funders, partners, and audiences.
- Manage the CatchLight org calendar, making sure that all events are well-coordinated with responsible program lead, fundraising, and communications.
- Working with UPI, manage the exhibitions in SF and NYC to align with stated objectives.
- Work with team to onboard 2018 Fellows and develop individual impact plans for each.
- Be mindful that you are a face of CatchLight; represent the organization and its mission in a professional manner, and promote our role as an effective, efficient and innovative organization.
- Ability to prioritize and assess a wide variety of opportunities, working with the team to decide how to spend limited time and resources.
- Ability to originate and develop ideas and contacts.
- Collaboration, communication, multi-tasking, and the ability to work alone and set your own deadlines is essential. Be available to work at the office with the team for at least 3 days a week. You must be resourceful and comfortable with full ownership of events.
- Be a great team player - Have fun! We are here to make a difference with our work.
At CatchLight, we believe in the power of art to change the world; there is a new breed of storyteller poised to help us understand how visual stories today can bind and connect us. We are a photography organization that celebrates and amplifies excellence and innovation in visual storytelling. CatchLight promotes bold, artistic ideas in visual media that matters while building a community of like-minded thought leaders from the arts, social advocates, media and the general public.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter email@example.com