Development & Operations Coordinator
(San Francisco Bay Area)
At CatchLight, we believe it’s never been more important to understand the power of visual storytelling to promote social good. We are a Bay Area non-profit organization working as a transformational force to bring resources and organizations together to amplify the impact of a new breed of storyteller. We advocate for innovative distribution of Photography that Matters: images that have meaning and produce measurable social engagement. We help visual storytellers find and share their voices, and enable art to help make sense of the world today.
CatchLight offers a dynamic and entrepreneurial working environment with potential for professional growth and network-building. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative arts organization focused on pushing the envelope of how we use art to engage audiences for positive social change.
Our ideal applicant has a passion for the value of art and an inherent understanding of the possibilities of visual storytelling to foster compassion and connectedness in new ways. We are building a vibrant community of creative thought leaders, activists, media and technology voices, and supporters who value this work. The Development & Operations Coordinator (DOC) will play an essential role in developing and supporting the potential reach and impact of our organization and our community.
CatchLight is seeking an energetic, resourceful and experienced team member who brings a strong combination of professionalism, efficiency and passion for social impact to their work. He/she will be responsible for supporting a wide range of administrative functions at CatchLight, including fundraising, social media, and general operations—all aspects of organizational management for a young organization with a broad base of talent and a big idea.
● Support the Executive Director in calendaring, appointments, and general administrative needs
related to executive and board leadership.
● Support the Director of Philanthropy on pitch decks, prospect research, gift processing and
donor stewardship, grant submissions and tracking, event invitations and RSVPs, and fundraising
● Support the Director of Operations in all tasks required to run an efficient and effective flow of
activities in the office, including work space and IT needs, organizational calendaring, administrative record keeping, and maintaining standardized systems for organizational
efficiency and accountability.
● Support Events: Provide flexible, responsive support to all aspects of our November gala event,
Light Night: CatchLight Celebrates, in collaboration with the larger event team.
● Execute Communications: In concert with lead fundraising and program staff, ensure a cohesive
and streamlined communications experience that has a consistent cadence and voice, and
enhances the CatchLight brand and reach:
- Be the voice of firstname.lastname@example.org, responding to inquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Be the lead for website updates, social media posts, newsletters, etc. to promote activities that foster audience engagement, build philanthropic support and expand program reach
- Track and provide monthly reports of key metrics to team
The position requires a special blend of warmth and efficiency; creativity and accuracy; excellent
interpersonal skills; and diligence. We are looking for someone with a minimum of three years relevant professional experience and is:
● Idealistic: We are a highly-focused, mission-driven team; interest in the arts and making the
world a better place is vital to your engagement with our small but mighty team.
● Team-oriented: Integrity, flexibility and a sense of humor is key. You must be both collaborative
and a self-starter.
● Responsible: You should be resourceful, reliable, adept at organizing around goals and managing priorities, and eager for professional growth.
● Communications: Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication; highly
collaborative and engaging; effective and clear. Proficiency with MailChimp and/or experience
writing marketing copy and working in digital communications highly desirable.
● Administrative Systems: Strong attention to detail and follow through; adept at multitasking and prioritizing projects.
● Data Management: Skillful and accurate handling of data entry to support donor stewardship,
digital communications, and prospect research.
● Software: Proficiency working on a Mac and using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint),
and basic graphic design software (Photoshop and InDesign); familiarity with Lightroom and
Squarespace a big plus!
CatchLight is an equal opportunity employer that embraces an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
Position Type: This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Compensation: $20-25/hour DOE plus generous benefits
Location: Based at our office in Berkeley, CA with opportunities to work remotely on occasion.
How to Apply: email@example.com
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“Development & Operations Coordinator.” Priority consideration given to applications received by
September 27, 2017.